W.G & J Strutt’s Macrame Twine
May 25, 2012 2 Comments
Belper North Mill have bought this twine in its original packaging from Ebay. It dates from 1913 and the box shows a picture of the the Mill – it is amazing that it has survived untouched and in such good condition.
Jedediah Strutt started developing the Mill at Belper in 1776. Subsequent generations of Strutt’s continued to develop and improve the site and build the workers houses and local infrastructure. The Mill continued as a working textile mill until its closure in 1991.
It is one of the oldest surviving examples of an industrialised water powered cotton mill in the world. Details of opening times, events and more information about the mill’s history can be found on their website.